Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
Callicarpa tomentosa is a large shrub or small tree. It will grow up to 5 metres tall. The plant is harvested from the wild for local use as a medicine.
|Kannada||ಆರತಿ ಗಿಡ Aarati gida, ದೊಡ್ಡ ನಾತದ ಗಿಡ Dodda nathada gida|
|English||French mulberry of the Western Ghats, Great woolly Malayan lilac|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Species in this genus generally require a sunny position or light dappled shade. Prefers a highly fertile well-drained loamy soil. Requires cross-pollination for good fruit production. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Commonly seen growing in areas
- Pages that are stubs
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Fever
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Liver complaints
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Skin diseases
- Herbs with used in medicine
- Herbs with stem used in medicine
- Herbs with leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Root used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Shrub
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seed
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Cuttings of Half ripe wood
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Cuttings of Mature wood
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Semi-evergreen forests