Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Barleria cristata is an erect, branched evergreen shrub. It grows 1 - 3 metres tall. The plant is widely grown as an ornamental, particularly as a flowering hedge plant.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Season to grow
- 13 Required Ecosystem/Climate
- 14 Kind of soil needed
- 15 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 16 Photo Gallery
- 17 References
- 18 External Links
Catarrhal infections, Swelling, Snake bite.
Two phenolic compounds (P- Coumaric acid and α–Tocopherol), two flavonoidal compounds ( luetoline and 7-methoxy luetoline) and two iridoidal glycosides (barlerin and schanshiside methyl ester) have been isolated from leaves of Barleria cristata their structure were established by spectral analysis.
|Kannada||ಝಿಂಟೆ Jhinte, ಕುರುವಕ Kuruvaka|
|Telugu||Gobbi, Kodi kannu|
|English||Bluebell barleria, Crested Philippine violet|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Requires at least a moderate amount of sun if it is to flower freely.
Season to grow
Kind of soil needed
Best growth typically occurs in dry to medium moisture well-drained soils in full sun to light shade.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Waste places, Along the sides of roads.
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ Common names
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Pages with reference errors
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Catarrhal infections
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Swelling
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Snake bite
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Punjabi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Evergreen shrub
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seed
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Waste places
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Along the sides of roads
- Pages without herbs images